Welcome to the Folk Song Catalogue
The Folk Song Catalogue is a research tool for comparative study of folk songs in various regions of Europe.
The project was founded by Jan Koláček in 2015.
We are creating an open searchable database of folk songs (melody and texts) included in:
1) printed and manuscript catalogues
2) audio recordings.
The actual task (2018, winter-summer) is the work on texts and melodies from Sušil 1860.
Analytical tools with text & music concordances are under construction.
- Jan Koláček - Project manager and developer
- Ondřej Skovajsa - Contributor, researcher and consultant
- Marcela Týfová - Contributor
- Vojtěch Vasko - Contributor
- Kačka Janoušková - Contributor
- Kristina Jarošová - Contributor
- Věra Jarošová - Contributor
We are searching for collaborators! Please contact Jan Koláček if you are interested in folk music cataloguing.